Most days writing does not come running up to me to be written and then there are some days when I end up thinking about every thing but what I really need to write and end up writing some crap here. Today is one of those days. I woke up sad and depressed thinking about all the adult like decisions I need to make and the pros and cons for them a.k.a Monday blues. Miami sometimes makes Monday blues impossible. Imagine how a grey cloudy rainy day would have been a perfect and conducive environment for my Monday blues to be nurtured and nourished and it would have flourished into a total and complete depressed day but turns out today had to be a scorching sunny hot day turning my blue feeling into anger.
I am into making lists, I make lists of everything. In fact I love making lists so much that one time I had made a list of all the things I need to make a list of. In about a month and 4 days its going to be a year of being in Miami for me. about a year back I had written a post about a new girl in miami. Today let me list down five things about Miami that makes me want to fall in love with this city..
1. Most of my dust allergies are gone because this place is not that dusty. I always knew living close to the coast is where my ideal habitat would be but I did not know it would be so ideal. forget dust, this place is also low on pollen which turns out makes me sneeze so hard I could recoil and go to heaven (bless me!).
2. Miami’s weather is as unpredictable as my mood swings when I am on my periods. You better look at the weather forecast before going out to know if you should carry your rain boots or not. Also, if it starts raining chances are it would stop in 15 minutes so just wait around because if you think you could just run and make it to your destination before the rain comes pouring be ready to be amazed. It takes 10 seconds for it to start pouring!
3. Pray to all the gods , old and new to have Publix in almost every nook and corner of the city. I know people who say the only two things you miss about Florida when you move out of here is the sunshine and Publix and I presume they are absolutely right.
4. You never have to think about shoveling snow out of your drive way or for that matter even bother taking out those thick and heavy jackets. In Miami there is no harsh winter which is perfect for a tiny person like me who starts shivering when its 62 degrees.
5. Last but definitely not the least, its difficult to not find something to do here to fill up your weekends unless of course you want to be a lazy ass and being that is your thing (also I wont lie , I do like to a lazy weekend every once in a while) but you can always find something to do here. outdoors or indoors, go shopping, go swimming or go to some garden or some lake, go to a bar or a club or a pub or if nothing works out you always have the near perfect white sandy beaches to go take a dip in. Unless (*deep breath*) you have a boat then just pull it out and go for a ride. oh, have I already said it enough number of times? I am a beach person. That is my thing!
In addition to the above points, I found my person, right here in this city and that just makes everything better. Home is where heart is and Miami could as well be my second home. Its accepting, not judgmental and would teach you how to enjoy mojitos and move your waist to upbeat reggae-tone songs. So its almost fall and therefore time for a set of newbies to come venturing into the city, this goes out for them. You are going to be as scared as I was but you are going to be okay and for a change a city like this will help you instead of making you feel alone.